'Olelo Board of Directors, 1997 - 1998
'Olelo board members are normally appointed for a maximum of two three-year terms.
Six of the nine directors are appointed by the Hawaii State Department of Commerce and
Consumer Affairs: Kathy Matayoshi, Ph. 586-2850, FAX 586-2856
The remaining three directors are appointed by Oceanic Cable, a Time/Warner company:
Don Carroll, Ph. 625-8100
No Public Access users have ever been appointed to the 'Olelo board of directors, despite this
requirement in the 'Olelo By-Laws, and this practice being the norm at other access centers
around the country.
- President Gerald Kato (appointed by DCCA) UH journalism professor (Term expires 12/97)
- Vice-President Susan Au Doyle (appointed by DCCA) YWCA, exec. director (Term expires 12/99?)
- Secretary Sandy Davis (appointed by Oceanic Cable) RESIGNED - Oceanic Cable Admin. (Term expires 12/98)
- Treasurer Dick Schaller (appointed by Oceanic Cable) RESIGNED - Former KITV Manager (Term expires 12/99)
- Director Robbie Alm (appointed by DCCA) First Hawaiian Bank, V.P. (Term expires 12/99)
- Director Philip Bossert (appointed by DCCA) Strategic Information Solutions (Term expires 12/97)
- Director Mildred Higashi (appointed by DCCA) Retired Asst. Supt., DOE (Term expires 12/98)
- Director Heather Giugni (appointed by DCCA) Juniroa Productions (Term expires 12/98)
- Director Dennis Ogawa (appointed by Oceanic Cable) RESIGNED - UH professor (Term expires 12/98)
- Exec. director Lurline McGregor(Non-voting position, appointed by rest of 'Olelo Board)
Newly Appointed Directors:
- Treasurer Bob Mougeot (appointed by Oceanic Cable) Hawaiian Electric Co. officer
- Secretary Linda Colburn (appointed by Oceanic Cable) Former OHA administrator
- Director Marilyn Yoza (appointed by Oceanic Cable) Oceanic Cable administrator
Attendance Record of 'Olelo (Ph. 834-0007) board members:
Prior to the By-Laws changes by the board, board members who missed three or more consecutive
board meetings were to be dismissed from the board of directors.
Since this chart was released, the 'Olelo board at the 12/97 meeting changed the By-Laws again,
reducing the number of required "open" board meetings, from about one meeting a month,
down to only four open board meetings a year.