THOUGHTS from GREAT AUTHORS:
compiled by Ruth Trimble
Ken Wilber A Brief History of Everything Shambhala 1996
"Evolution is a wildly self-transcending process: it has the utterly amazing capacity to go beyond what went before. So evolution is in part a process of transcendence, which incorporates what went before and then adds incredibly novel components. " p. 23 "So I would like to introduce this term, Kosmos. And, as you point out, the Kosmos contains the cosmos (or the physiosphere), the bios(or biosphere), psyche or nous(noosphere), and theos (the theosphere or divine domain.). .....the physical cosmos is somehow supposed to be the most real dimension, and everything else is explained with ultimate reference to this material plane. p. 19 ....The Kosmos, it seems, unfolds in quantum leaps of creative emergence. p. 24 .... because the universe has direction, we ourselves have direction. ... As Emerson put it, we lie in the lap of immense intelligence, which by any other name is Spirit. There is a theme inscribed on the original face of the Kosmos. There is a pattern written on the wall of Nothingness. ...I think the sages ... embody the very drive of the Kosmos toward greater depth and expanding consciousness. I think...they disclose the face of tomorrow, they open us to the heart of our own destiny, which is also already right now in the timelessness of this very moment" p. 42
Stanislav Grof The Holotropic Mind Harper Collins 1993
"...the human psyche has the potential for transcending what we ordinarily consider the limitations of space and time. Modern consciousness research reveals that our psyches have no real and absolute boundaries; on the contrary, we are part of an infinite field of consciousness that encompasses all there is-- beyond space-time and into realities we have yet to explore. "p.202 "Within the present century, academic psychology and psychiatry dismissed spirituality as a product of superstition, primitive magical thinking, and outright pathology. However, in the emerging understanding provided us by modern consciousness research...we are beginning to see that spirituality is inspired and sustained by perinatal and transpersonal experiences that originate in the deepest recesses of the human mind. ...Moreover, it has become obvious that human beings have a profound need for transpersonal experiences and for states in which they transcend their individual identities to feel their place in a larger whole that is timeless. " p.204
Gopi Krishna Living with Kundalini Shambhala, 1993
"The idea that under the direct influence of the cosmic Life Energy the human brain is still in a state of organic evolution is a fact so important that, compared to it, all other discoveries of modern science pale into insignificance. Continued evolution of the human organism, in its turn, points unmistakably towards a conclustion which is often discredited by the orthodox evolutionists of our day. What it clearly implies is that there must exist a predetermined target or, in other words, an already existing blueprint of consciousness towards which humanity is evolving." p.377++
Alice Bailey Education in the New Age Lucis 1954
"The fundamental necessity which today confronts the educational world is the need to relate the process of unfolding the human mentality to the world of meaning, and not the world of objective phenomena. Until the aim of education is to orient a man to this inner world of realities, we shall have the misplaced emphasis of the present time. Until we can arrive in our educational objectives at the bridging of the gap between the three lower aspects of man and the soul....we shall make but little progess in right directions and all interim activity will be inadequate to the modern need. " p.16
INTERESTING BOOKs regarding the FUTURE
- Bailey, Alice A. Education in the New Age
- Bentov, Y. Stalking the Wild Pendulum
- Bly, Robert The Sibling Society
- Capra, Fritjof Tao of Physics , Uncommon Wisdom: Conversations with Remarkable People
- Carey, Ken The Third Millennium , Return of the Bird Tribes
- Chopra, Deepak, The Return of Merlin, The Way of the Wizard etc.
- Clow, Barbara Hand The Pleiadian Agenda, Heart of the Cristos etc
- Csikszentmihalyi, Mihaly The Evolving Self
- DeRohan, Ceanne The Right Use of Will: Healing and Evolving the Emotional Body.
- Eisler, Riane The Chalice and the Blade
- Frissell, Bob Nothing in this Book is True, But It's Exactly How Things Are
- Fromm, Erich To Have or to Be.
- Fuller, Simon Peter, Rising out of Chaos
- Goleman, Daniel, Emotional Intelligence
- Grof, Stanislav with M. L. Valier Human Survival and Consciousness Evolution, & With Hal Zina Bennett The Holotropic Mind.
- *Harman, Willis Ed. New Metaphysical Foundations of Modern Science
- *Hayden, Tom, The Lost Gospel of the Earth: A Call for Renewing Nature,Spirit & Politics
- Hurtak, J.J. The Keys of Enoch & Introduction to the ....
- Kuhn, T.S. The Structure of Scientific Revolutions
- Leonard, George & Michael Murphy The Life We are Given
- *Mitchell, Edgar with D. Williams The Way of the Explorer.
- Morehouse, David Psychic Warrior
- *Murphy, Michael The Future of the Body: Explorations into the Further Evolution of Human Nature
- Plummer, L. Gordon From Atom to Kosmos: Journey without End.
- Royal, Lyssa and Keith Priest The Prism of Lyra: An Exploration of Human Galactic Heritage
- Russell, Peter The Global Brain
- Sheldrake, Rupert The Presence of the Past
- Sitchen, Zechariah The Twelfth Planet (Earth Chronicles Series )
- Toben, Bob and Fred Alan Wolf, Space-Time and Beyond
- Walsch, Neale Donald Conversations with God: An Uncommon Dialogue Books 1 and 2 (Strange, but profound wisdom)
- Walsh, Roger, M.D. Ph.D and Frances Vaughan, Ph.D. Eds Paths Beyond Ego and Beyond Ego (Collected essays)
- Wheatley, Margaret Leadership and the New Science
- Wilber, Ken A Brief History of Everything, No Boundary, The Atma Project (Perhaps a living legend and living genius both)
- Williamson, Marianne A Return to Love, A Woman's Worth
- Zukav, Gary The Seat of the Soul, The Dancing Wu Li Masters
Reading List Compiled by Ruth Trimble. Not intended to be an endorsement of the material, nor to be comprehensive..
* Just published books
return to Paradigm menu